ABOUT - LIBRARY
Library of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has been established after the Commission became fully functional, as a “Resource Centre” for Competition Law & Policy. Library is equipped with all the modern infrastructure facilities and literature (either hard or in digital form) available nationally/internationally on Competition Law. This “Resource Centre” caters to the information and reference needs of all its Members, Officers and Staff. An extended Library Resource Centre also functions at Office of the Director General, CCI, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi.
- Library functions under the Capacity Building Division of CCI with the main objectives of:
- Promoting usage of Library resources on “Competition Law & Policy” among the users.
- Providing Information facilities by offering manual/computerized services to the users;
- Providing Research, Reference & Referral services;
LIBRARY HOURSMonday – Friday: 09:00 AM to 5:30 PM
The Library is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and all Gazetted Holidays.
LIBRARY COLLECTIONLibrary has up-to date collection of books, periodicals, reports and other documents including electronic resources. Library has mainly books and databases on Competition law, Company law, Economics, Bare Acts and other legal documents. Besides that, library has collection of general books including fictions also.
Library Resources (up to 31st March 2022)
|3.||CDs & DVDs||38|
|4.||Print Journals & Magazines||42|
SUBSCRIBED ONLINE DATABASES
|NAME OF THE RESOURCE||LINK|
|Kluwer Competition Law||http://www.kluwercompetitionlaw.com/|
|West Law India||http://www.westlawindia.com/|
|Supreme Court Cases (SCC Online)||http://www.scconline.com/|
|Competition Law Module Insolvency|
& Bankruptcy Code
|Competition Policy International||https://www.competitionpolicyinternational.com/|
|Business Standard (Online Newspaper)||https://www.business-standard.com/|
OPEN ACCESS LAW DATABASES
|NAME OF DATABASE||LINK|
|Legal Information Institute of India||http://liiofindia.org/|
|Judgment Information System|
|International Court of Justice (ICJ)||https://www.icj-cij.org/|
|The European Court of Justice (ECJ)||https://curia.europa.eu/jcms/jcms/j_6/|
|PRS Legislative Research (PRS)||https://www.prsindia.org/aboutus/background/|
|India Code: Digital repository of All|
Central and State Acts
|Directory of Open Access Journals|
|Directory of Open Access Books|
|Shodhganga : a reservoir of Indian|
|Open Access in the field of law||https://open-access.net/en/open-access-inindividual-disciplines/law|
COMPETITION LAW JOURNALS
ONLINE JOURNALS & MAGAZINES
- The Economist
- Global Competition Review
- Journal of Antitrust Enforcement
- Journal of Competition Law & Economics
- Journal of European Competition Law & Practice
PRINT JOURNALS & MAGAZINES
LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE (WEB-OPAC)
The library operations are largely automated through library management software e-Granthalaya (http://eg4.nic.in/CGOVLIB1/). It has a Web OPAC system, which provides electronic bibliographic control/ access to all documents available in the library. Searches can be made by author, title, subject, class number, publisher or words in title and Boolean search. User can search library collection to click on https://eg4.nic.in/CGOVLIB1/OPAC/Default.aspx and then filter search by CCILIB.
LIBRARY SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Circulation Services: Circulation of Books and Periodicals to all registered members of the library as per the norms.
- Reference Service: An effective and responsive reference services according to users’ needs and demand.
- Current Awareness Services: Library Provides awareness services to its patterns and keep them current with recently published scholarly literature in the field of competition law.
- Email Alert Services: Library send electronic alert services to its readers about the latest information on competition law.
- Recent Arrivals (Books): A list of books added to the library and is periodically mailed to the officers.
- Newspaper Clipping Service: Competition commission related news extract from the newspapers, compiled and then disseminated to the library users.
- Resource Sharing Services (DELNET): CCI Library is a member of DELNET (Developing Library Network). It maintains an online union catalogue of books available in its member libraries. It has 2,66,61,564 bibliographic records. To access this portal, visit: http://delnet.nic.in.
MEMBERS OF THE LIBRARY COMMITTEE
|1. Dr. Sangeeta Verma, Member CCI||Chairperson|
|2. Ms. Jyoti Jindgar, Secretary I/C||Member|
|3. Dr. Bidyadhar Majhi, Advisor (Eco)||Member|
|4. Dr. Sanjay Kumar Pandey, Adviser (Law)||Member & Convener|
|5. Ms. Sayanti Chakarabarti, Director (Eco)||Member|
|6. Shri Alok Tripathi, Director (FA)||Member|
|7. Ms. Deepa Ramesh, DD (F&A)||Member|
|8. Shri Avadh Narayan, AD (IT)||Member|
|9. Dr. Anil Singh, AD (LS)||Member Secretary|
|10. Ms. Rashmi Bhartiya, AD (LS)||Member|
Dr. Anil Singh
Assistant Director (Library Services)
Email Id: library.cci.gov.in; firstname.lastname@example.org,
Phone: 011-24664867: 011-24664875 (Library)
Ms. Rashmi Bhartiya
Assistant Director (Library Services)
Ms. Sandhya Kumari
Office Manager (Library Services)
Email Id: email@example.com